Is the suspension of priests by the Philadelphia Archdiocese ' too little, too late ' ?

A month after the release of the Grand Jury report into child abuse ?

janet116

Asked by janet116 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I turned away a long time ago.Sad how it all turns out,who do you believe in?Religion has gotten to be a business,not what it was meant for.All the folks on TV.false prophets.Just so sad.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 10:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think too little too, late is an understatement.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• the word "suspension" is what has me so shocked. Because as someone who became quite familiar with that word in grade school I understand it to mean that at some point you get to return. So we're basically giving priests a time out for molesting children?

WHY ARE THEY NOT IN JAIL?!?
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The whole priest scandal (the cover ups) was the final straw for me in turning away from the Catholic Church.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It is too little too late......I gave up on organized religions very many years ago, when I realized they are businesses, and I was born into a Catholic family.

Answer by older at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wish the Catholic Church would have just dealt properly with all of this long, long ago. It's so sad that so many people associate a beautiful religion with this kind of scandal. Most priests, are good men, wanting only to serve God and answer His calling. Unfortunately, there are some priests who were not good men, and managed to stain the faith forever...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Its typical

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Definitely...too little, too late.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think to little to late is a HUGE understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm not sure. I think I'll have to read a bit more about the situation. On the surface it does seem that they stalled on their duty
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011