Would you prefer to go to grad school automatically after you finish your Bachelors or wait a little while?

I am undecided on this but I plann on taking most of my classes online. What do you suggest.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 1:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• I should have done it right away. I graduated with my BA 3 months pregnant with my 3rd child. I was so tired from going to school, working and raising 2 kids that the thought of going for my masters at the point was something I didn't want to think about. Now 9 years later I wish I had gone right away because I have never gone back to get my masters. Granted I became a SAHM and started my own business, I still wish I had gone right away.

For me stopping at that point was what I needed.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It would probably be easier to continue your education while you are still in the "student" frame of mind. Once you start working it is often harder to go back to school and get back into the routine of being a student.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Just do it all and get it over with.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I plan on going on to grad school as quickly as possible after finishing my BSN, but I don't even know how long it's going to take to finish that because I can't finish it around here, so we're going to have to move... out of this state, more than likely. It's a serious PITA. Anyway, I would rather finish ASAP, but take one or two semesters off if you need a break (or longer, if you need it). It's really up to you and whether you think you can do it or need a break. Online classes are rough most of the time, but if you're disciplined and know how to stay focused and on track, you should be fine either way. Good luck!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would have liked to have gone straight away. But, since I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not, I didn't realize at the time.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would have preferred to go immediately but I had to put it on hold. I'm hoping I can get everything in order and start this fall or no later than next spring :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Get it done right away. If I take a break, I won't go back.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I go to the University of west Georgia and they provide online masters program. I do agree, while i have school on the brain i would prefer to complete master immediately. Thanks guys and good luck on your studies also.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2011