I feel like I am becoming a bit antisocial since pregnancy

I just want to relax more and stay at home is anyone else like this and is it normal?

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 1:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Perfectly normal. Don't sweat it. You're going through huge physical changes right now, and your only real responsibility is to take good care of yourself.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was an almost complete hermit when I was pregnant....I didnt even want to go to my own baby shower! I was on bedrest, and didnt want company. I wanted to sleep and have a quiet atmosphere. So, this is very normal!

You should check out this post on another website---it will make you feel better for sure!! You are not alone! :)

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/996846-Is-it-normal-to-become-quot-anti-social-quot-in/AllOnOnePage
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 2:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I did the same thing, I was REALLY lazy until I was about 32wks then I just wanted to get out and dress cute with my big ol belly. :) Ive lost several friends... but Ive gained some really cool ones recently and also learned who my real friends were too! Im 38wks. Good luck :) and congratulations!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i was kinda that way. i shut alot of friends out because i didnt think they were good role models for my baby and myself but then meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends was really nice.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 3:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yeah thats normal..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think it is typical, you are tired and there are a lot of changes going on.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I stay in most of the time too. I don't have any friends with kids and they aren't the greatest roll models. They also don't understand why I dont want to stay up till 4am hanging out at a party with them. The questions they ask me about pregnancy, why I am happy about it, and stuff is just obnoxious. Their immaturity really shines through now when I tell them I dont want to go out at 11pm and they get upset with me. I have yet to make new friends or any with kids so I am always alone. A good movie and a baby belly bubble bath bonding time is always better then being around people!
    Jusholdmetight

Answer by Jusholdmetight at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011