No money, how to get by for Christmas

What should I do? We are really short right now. My Husband works and goes to school. I stay home with our two year old and am 22 weeks pregnant. I can't get a job now b/c we can't afford the daycare.
I even signed up for toys for tots.... what else can I do to have a nice Christmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• you have to just make it full of love that's all I know its hard but he is only 2 he will not remember make cookies with him snuggle on the couch with x-mas cartoon's make memories to cherish forever

Anonymous

• You could possibly contact your local church to see if they will be helping with Christmas Dinners also what we did was sell our gold jewelry and we got a couple of hundred dollars so that how we are going to make something happen this year. Good Luck and God Bless .................

4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You can try going to h&r block and getting an advance on your taxes. You can also call some bigger churches and see if they wont help. You can try salvation army for the angel tree kids too. You can call goodwill or social services as well and ask for a list of places that help for christmas. Luckily your child is small and wont remember alot of this christmas. I had a bad one one year and my kids were little. We went to dollar g eneral and got a bunch of little dollar toys and wrapped them up and they thought it was fantastic.

Answer by gemgem at 5:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it, he's too little to understand. Last year our son was almost 2 and was so overwhelmed by all the toys. He just wanted to play with one and not keep opening presents. I also took back a ton of stuff. His grandparents over do it and I hate clutter and big toys. The best toys are the ones that don't make noise and lets him use his imagination the best. You can also make some of you very own toys.
    http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/15batteryfreetoys

I would try freecycle in your area and see if anybody has toys they are no longer needing. I have bought used items and then just wrapped them. Kids don't care at that age. He would be more interested in playing with them.

Art supplies: crayons, washable markers and coloring books. These are really inexpensive.

empty box, kids this age love playing with boxes, any size as well.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 5:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't do the advance from H and R block, only because they take such a high percentage as a fee for loaning you the money. There's no need to get in debt over Christmas.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 5:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I love the poster who told you to snuggle and watch Christmas toones! She's right, your little one is too young to care about "stuff", just make it as special as you can with decorating your home (even homemade decorations) and have fun!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 5:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would agree, keep it simple. My daughter is also 2 and we were overwhelmed with Christmas last year. I get some toys through Freecycle--you should google it and check it out--a good way to pass on outgrown or unused clothes, toys, etc. I also found a few things at yard sales and also through Craigslist. At this point my daughter is too young to be materialistic and want all new stuff in shiny boxes, so I am taking advantage of it until she is a tween! lol Make cookies together, watch all the Christmas movies that come on TV, drive around and look at lights. Have fun!
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 7:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008