How do I know when I should get my first period after having mirena removed?

My husband and I decided that since mirena was causing all these crazy problems that I should go ahead and have it taken out. I always had headaches, cramping, bloating, weight gain and alot of trouble losing weight after having our son. So I had it removed so I could lose some weight and return to a healthy body then around thanksgiving or christmas of this year we would start trying to concieve, we have 1 son now who will be 2 in may. I had only had 1 period while having mirena in for 22 months! I had it removed on 2/7/2011. I had some bleeding that afternoon when I got home, and the following 4-5 days bled kinda like a normal period. The following week we had unprotected sex twice without thinking . Then after that we have been using protection since. I have not bled since removal week. Last week I went to my family doctor and he prescribed me adipex to help get me started on losing weight and discussed how to eat/diet in order lose weight & keep it off. I assumed that I should have started my period 28 days from removal day, which was march 7 and I havent started or even spotted yet. These past few days, espcially today my breasts are sore, im tired(even with taking adipex), kinda bloated feeling and fluttery feeling in my belly, i kinda feel hungry but when i eat it makes me queezy and this past i have had a nose that smells everything.I just feel blah and weepy. But no period. We would be happy either way,but I dont know if my body just hasnt adjusted to not having mirena or if theres a chance that I would be pregnant, in which I would need to stop taking adipex right away and make an appointment with my OB. I just dont know if I am late because I would be pregnant or my period will come later? Please any advice or experience from this would be greatly appreciated! oh and I have not taken a preg test since the middle-ish of feb

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• After I had the Mirena taken out I did not see my period for about 3 months. If you have some concerns you should eith purchase a pregnancy test or go to your doctor and voice your concerns.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 4:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't have any experience with Mirena, but here is a bump.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had mine removed because I was having a lot of complications too. I had it romoved about the same time in Feb last year and I had a period later in March. It was normal after that but the doctor told me that some women get pregnant within a month but most take 6-12 months to get all the chemical out and your body use to it.
    Jusholdmetight

Answer by Jusholdmetight at 1:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2011