Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Baby Daddy Has A Warrant

Im curious is there a way for me to help get my baby daddy get caught with his warrant? he has the warrant for not showing up for court and not paying child support. or should i just leave it alone and wait to see what happens? The judge says i will no longer have court dates till he is caught. Well my Babys daddys brother had a warrant for over two years till he got caught but his warrant was for something else.

Answer Question

Asked by shellychivell at 4:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 13 (976 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I always tell women to wait and see what unfolds. God provides a way for us all, do not get your hands dirty. Pray and you will have it. Let God deal with him. Funny thing about life is you will pay in this or the other, some way or the next. I know what I say to you may be bleek but I speak from experience. I waited 16 years and now my kids are reaping the benefit now. They always think it is easy to hide from their responsibility but that is not how it works. Real men do real things. Hugs for now...keep your head up

    Answer by dubewife at 5:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • God helps those that help themselves.
    If you know where he is report itl.
    If you know where he works report it.
    Be proactive.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • i actually went to and told him hes living in florida and gave them his phone number. sad thing is what can indiana do since hes in Florida?! i was told he owns his own casino out there so there isnt a reason he cant pay up. and its only $24 a week cause at the time he didnt have a job when we first went to court.

    Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 5:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • Call the local police in florida.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • ok with out being laughed at by the police what would i say. "my sons father has a warrant and im wondering how i can go about getting him found'"

    Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • The only thing you can do really is let them know where he lives and works if you know.

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • WOW!!! Only $24 a week!!! My first childs dad got ordered to pay $208 a month because he didnt have a job and they based it on what they said " anyone with no disabilities should be able to work" which is minimum wage, 40 hours a week. I am sooo sorry that you are having to go through all of this. Just remember: Karma is a powerful thing..... He will have his time.

    Answer by familynsni at 9:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • He can get caught if FL but, it is probably not something they would send him to Indiana for. It would cost too much.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 10:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • The only thing that you can do is Ask Indiana if they've asked Florida to enforce the CS and the warrant. Then it will just come as it comes, one day he'll get pulled over for speeding or whatever and then they will arrest him.
    HOWEVER, why would you want that? You'll get even less than you do now. Well, in your case it could maybe resutl in him having to show up and them being abel to put a diff. child support amount. But its just a matter of luck and time. If he's that behind they shoudl have already asked Fl. to enforce, should be going after his income tax and earning as well.
    The wheels roll slowly but they do roll.

    Ask your states, interstate office what THEY are doing. Untill then its in limbo. My children father is in S.C., we live in Fl, and our case was from NY (and even with that mess, about 4=5 yrs. later -- he did time for owing CS) But he's about 25 K in arrears.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • Before you did anything you should look extradition laws since the states are so far apart. With him being in FL, it might be too costly and they will just release him. If they will send him back, I would call the local police station where he resides and give them all the info. you have about his whereabouts.

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.