My kids are with their dad this summer for their summer visitation. I know he's goin' to be lenient with them because he wants to be the good parent. So that means I'm goin' to have to be the bad parent. I know they are goin' to think they can get away with whatever with me. They are 9 and 7. How am I supposed to discipline them when they get back?

Summer visitation. Discipline.

sweetbutsinful

Asked by sweetbutsinful at 11:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• You just gotta be the best parent that you can and try not to compare yourself to him. He will always be their dad..sorry to say, by comparing yourselves you are giving them the opportunity to play you against each other. I would tell them these are my rules and I have these rules because I love you and want you to grow up as good responsible people. Try to leave their dad out of the discussions. They need to be able to love ya both without feeling that they have to pick one over the other or that you are comparing yourself to him. What a tuff spot to be in. Hope all goes well..take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008