Falling asleep in own bed.

My 3 year old daughter does not want to fall asleep in her own bed. She is content in falling asleep in my bed and being carried into her room once she is sleeping. She doesn't always stay there all night either. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get her to fall asleep in her own bed and possibly stay there?

jen_0898

Asked by jen_0898 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dont know, but i have the same problem with my sixteen month old, hopefully someone answers.
    singlemommy863

Answer by singlemommy863 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would like suggetions also. My dd will fall asleep in her bed only if I lay with her and then she usually ends up in our bed around 4 in the morning anyhow
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My daughters fall asleep in the living room watching tv usually. My oldest sleeps on the couch because we were concerned about how she would do with the stairs when we moved into our new home. I would really like any advice because its time for a change i just dont know how to make it.
    katmills0884

Answer by katmills0884 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We have a very regular bedtime routine and never have a problem getting my son to sleep in his bed. We do a bath, pick up toys, brush teeth, then he picks out a book or two. I read to him in his bed, then we sing a couple of songs, and then it's time for sleeping. Usually he likes to keep a book in bed with him to look at, and I'll leave the nightlight on so he can see a little. Usually he's asleep within a couple of minutes. Having a routine has always worked for us, anytime we don't do it that way is when we have a problem! I would set up something that works for you, then stick to it. Might not work so well at first, but keep at it!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I had so much trouble but i got him a t.v. and a dvd player with his favorit movie.man that help so much sometimes he tries but you have to stay frim. even if they make it in the bed in the middle of the nite take them right back to bed STAY FRIM
    chantez

Answer by chantez at 11:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Lay down with her in HER bed until she falls asleep.
    LdyWlf

Answer by LdyWlf at 8:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my son was 10 months old when I finally got him to fall asleep in his own bed. it was quite by accident really....i put him in his crib around naptime to "play" while i put his clothes in his dresser. when i turned around, he was out. i think he needed to learn that he COULD fall asleep without me. ever since he could fall asleep on his own. now he is 28 months and transitioning into a toddler bed. i bribe him... "if you sleep in your bed ALL night, then we can do THIS tomorrow." that works too. give it a shot.
    bowiepainter

Answer by bowiepainter at 2:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my son was exactly the same. if i tried to put him in his own bed he would scream and cry and end up getting in bed with me. he would only fall asleep in his bed if i laid with him. oh it was a pain. I put a tv and dvd player in there and that helped a little bit but finally when it was time for him to go to preschool i told him that he could only go if he slept in his own bed like a big boy. that finally did the trick but the tv helped out tons!! ( i also tried the routine thing but it didn't quite work for us. i worked a part time job at that time and worked different hours all of the time and it would sometimes be late before we got home)
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 9:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008