What are your opinions on the wii vs. other video game systems?

We have NEVER allowed video games in our house. Our son is on the autism spectrum and we feel it just adds to his frustration. We are rethinking things with the wii system.

Love2laugh30

Asked by Love2laugh30 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Entertainment

• I love ours. Best thing I have bought for the boys. You are so involved in it. We were playing the other day the sports game that came with it and omgggg I have muscles huring in my body that I didn't know I had. I am hoping to buy the wii fit . It is worth the money!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 4:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My son is autistic and he LOVES video games. We have a ps2 and ps3 and I like those systems because you can get about any game for them.

Answer by gemgem at 4:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We have the Wii. It is a good one for fitness, even just useing the Wii sports game that comes with the system. But my DH does get mad at it, when he's loseing on baseball or bowling. He thinks it cheatslol. But it's a good one..I would reccomend
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• we have an xbox 360, ps3, and wii... the only system i will play is the wii... how old is your son?? maybe one of those vtech systems for him... they actually have one that is like the wii... that requires hand/eye coordination and for him to focus.... but if you are looking at getting a wii, i think they are one of the best systems out there. it makes you get off your butt. =)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My son has autism and has never had an interest in games until they began playing a Wii at his OT/ST sessions. Now he's asked Santa for one! :D I'm very excited about it, it's the second thing in his life he's ever asked for, so you know he's getting it! :D I'm hoping it helps.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008