Baby's room

my baby is due in Aug and I don't want to get the nursery ready until June is that bad. Im usually not a procrastinator??

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 6:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited until the last minute with my daughters nursery and it worked out great. I got into "nesting" mode and needed a project, it came out beautiful. I also wanted to wait for my last ultrasound because they can be wrong and I didn't want something super girly just to find out it was gonna be a boy. It's not bad, your pregnant don't push yourself :)
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 7:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Is that bad? Probably not, but keep in mind that in your third trimester, you're going to have a harder time getting things done than during the second trimester, when most women feel their best. Maybe you should aim a little earlier?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• u can chose to do your nursery whenever you want but it gets harder when ur farther along...we just recently got our room set up for the baby ( her nursery is in use by my father-in-law long story there) but it wore me out....im 29 weeks pregnant and i didnt even do as much as i would have doing the nursery...u might also think about things that can go wrong....i dont know how many pregnancies you have had or if you have had any trouble but i have had 3.....with my first one i was put on bed rest and couldnt do much then with my second one i went into labor with him 11 weeks early and they had to stop it...i wasnt put on bedrest with him but i was told i had to take it easy and couldnt do much...i ended up losing him at 32 weeks but thats another sad story....so just make sure that u will be able to do it in june...as long as ur pregancy goes well it should be fine :) good luck!
    momma2angels777

Answer by momma2angels777 at 6:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I waited on everything and it all worked out. The pressure from other people to have everything completed early really bothered me so I wonder if that was my reaction to it. ;) Do things when you feel ready to.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no, it's not bad, it's your choice. Whatever works best for you. Good luck with your pregnancy!
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• with my first son i was 6 months pregnant with him before i set up his nurersy and that was everything, Then with my now 5 month old son i waited till i was 5 months to start, we set up his crib but didn't put the matress in, we put his dresser in but no clothes inside, we put the rocker in. But i did start to wash all my old baby clothes around 8months pregnant with him and put things in there at about that time, as well as the rest of the crib.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• nope do what you feel you need to do
    don't rush it
    do what you want when you want to
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2011