Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage question! Please Answer! sorry if tmi

What do the clots look like when you pass them? how heavy is the bleeding? and how do you tell the difference in normal bleeding and i need to go the doctor asap bleeding?
i had some bleeding on sunday, it was dark red. Then monday it slowed it just spotting, still dark red. Ive had some dark dark red jelly like clots of blood but thats it. This is my first pregnancy im really nervous. im 5weeks.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I would suggest you tell your doctor and have a check up first of all! I had a miscarriage before and it involved alot of cramping, bleeding, and tissue like clot. The dark colored one doesn't sound to me like you are having one. If you recently had intercourse that can make it happen too! But I suggest you calll your doc asap just to make sure!

    Answer by Brylee.Walker at 7:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • any red bleeding is worth going to the doctor to check out. good luck! And remember- if you are pregnant, you can always get pregnant again!!!

    Answer by hotmomfit at 7:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • From my experience you will just know that there is too much blood, too many jelly like clots. Any increasing pain is a sign too. Good luck. Consult your Dr.

    Answer by at 7:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • I had a very early 'miscarriage' where the egg just didn't implant and started my period more than a week early. It was very heavy but too early for clotting. I hadn't found out if I was pregnant but my symptoms fit the bill.

    I'd go to the doctor and make sure everything is alright. It's scary and emotional but chances are, if things didn't go well this time around, they'll go alright in future. Best of luck!

    Answer by Nonoluna at 7:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • I would also suggest that you go to the doctor. Good luck and I hope and pray all is well.

    Answer by parajumper3 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • I had two miscarriages, one at 10 weeks and the other at 8 weeks. The general rule on bleeding is if you are soaking a pad in an hour or less, you need to be seen. The clotting sounds normal, but I am no doctor. You need to contact your doctor and while there is nothing they can do if you are miscarrying, he will need to follow up with a pelvic exam and blood work. Having a miscarriage is difficult and you may feel a variety of emotions or none at all. Take the time to work through it and let yourself deal with it the best you can. Hope this helps!

    Answer by khedy at 10:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

  • I think that any bleeding it is a good idea to call your dr!

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011