Is any other moms-to-be experiencing obstacles to staying on a regular exercise routine?

What trimister are you in and what obstacles are you facing?

hotmomfit

Asked by hotmomfit at 7:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I struggled the entire pregnancy due to excessive fatigue but I persisted and am glad I did.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When I was pregnant I didn't stick to my routine at all. I paid for it after I had my daughter. It took me over a year to lose most of the weight and I still have an extra 10 pounds to lose.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 7:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am! I feel like I dont have the will-power to exercise anymore! I was more fit when my youngest was 2months old. Now he is almost 3. I have gained weight, and feel like there is not enough time in the day for me to have work-out time. I started the atkins diet, and started putting on music and dancing with the kids everyday! Friends have told me this works. So we shall see lol
    Brylee.Walker

Answer by Brylee.Walker at 7:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm in my third trimester. I started this awesome workout DVD towards the end of my 2nd trimester and I was doing it every morning and feeling great. But lately I've had really bad nausea and can't get myself to continue working out. It is really the last thing on my mind right now.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I worked up until my 8th month and was on my feet a lot, as well as walking my dogs daily, so I got decent exercise, I think.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was SO tired through my first and third trimesters. But I managed to keep walking, weight lifting, and cycling through my whole pregnancy (stayed on my racing bike until about 34 weeks!). I'm glad I did- I know it helped make my recovery much smoother, and helped me keep my weight gain down.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am only 14 weeks but some days I just don't have the energy to go but I make myself. I go 3-4 times a week and do at least 30 minute cardio, either my legs or arms and my stomach every day that i go. The amazing thing is that I have gained more weight this time than I did with my daughter and I didn't exercise then and ate alot worse. I guess it is being that it is my second and I am almost 34.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 12:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2011