No nesting period?

i have heard from several older relatives that in the last month of pregnancy a woman has all this magical energy to get things done. i'm in my last month and i have the urge to get things done, i just can't muster the energy to do it and i'm kind of scared this baby is going to come and i'm not going to have anything done.
i know most of you will just say i'm being lazy and i have to get up and do it but i literally don't have the energy to get up.

Did anyone else have this problem or have suggestions for me?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 7:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went crazy with nesting. But I don't think you're just lazy or anything like that, I know some women don't ever go into nesting, and sometimes pregnancy causes horrible fatigue. I also know women that want to fix things up after they have their baby. Every pregnancy is different, no need to stress. :)
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 7:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Don't worry about it so much. Some people end up delivering so early that they don't even get the chance to nest. That was my experience. In fact I was induced the day of my baby shower so I had my sister bring all these gifts to my apartment and do a little cleaning and that was that. With the gifts there it cluttered the place anyhow.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I never had a nesting period but everything worked out anyhow. It's not laziness. Some of us are just too tired...that's how our pregnancies go. It still could happen for you though. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• with my first i never got it. i just couldnt get the energy. i was working full time up to the day i went into labor so that didnt helpwith my fatigue. there were plenty of times i fell alseep at work and had to pull over on the road before i fell asleep. my dh had to drive me to work after i finally told him about it and almost had an acciedent. so dont worry about it. if you have a SO or anybody that can help ask them for it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Not every woman nests. Don't worry about it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i never heard of such a term "nesting" until i came on here. and i think it sounds kinda dumb. what, are we birds? i think i was so excited for my baby to come i had his clothes washed and put away the minute i brought them home. I had my bag packed for the hospital when i was like 7 months. i was ready to go! I think everyone does things differently..don't compare your "nest" to others. lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Girl....LOL!! With my second, I didn't "nest" until I learned I was going to be induced several days later. Then, it was"forced" nesting. LOL! I knew I had to do it then.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I did nest...but it was like a few days before he came...LOL.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am pretty sure I didnt nest with most of my kids and I had 5. I was so tired and couldnt do much else but sleep. In some ways I think that was my way of nesting lol. All my kids were freaking nocturnal my body was telling me to sleep all day and get used to it LOL!

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I've had a few coworkers ask me when I was preggo's with my only child 4 years ago. I didn't have the nesting feeling until after I had ds.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2011