My son is 17 months and will drink water and juice from a sippy cup but not his milk. I have to give him his milk in his bottle and brush his teeth right after. Any suggestions?

haveahappyday

Asked by haveahappyday at 4:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD tried the same thing. Once she stopped taking her bottle it was hard but she finally did it. I just put some in her cup and left it there. She got thirsty and drank it.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You do realise that the milk will be on his teeth if it is from a bottle or a sippy.

MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• If you quit giving a bottle to begin with he won't have an option. I know that's harsh, but it's true. like the first lady answered, just put it in a cup, when he is thirsty he will drink from it.
    JennBear54

Answer by JennBear54 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• First off, why do you have to brush his teeth? Second off, why do you want to take the bottle? A sippy is just a grown up version of the bottle. My son is 2.5 years old and still uses his bottle for milk. He will not drink milk out of anything else. And yes, we have tried just taking it away and making him use a sippy or cup and instead he would go without because it is about comfort.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2008