My DH wants to name this baby Eastwood.

What do you think?
If its a boy his name would be Eastwood Ryder.
I would call him Easton because thats the name I like.

How do you like the name Easton Ryder??

The other name he likes a ton is Sullivan

Zoeysmom09

Asked by Zoeysmom09 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• Nope....the most I would comprimise with would be to make that the middle name, and that would take a huge amount of convincing.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sorry... i didnt see the middle name... I was refering to Eastwood.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I really like Easton Ryder, When he told me Eastwood all i could do was shake my head,
    Zoeysmom09

Comment by Zoeysmom09 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's not the worst name I have heard, for sure. But I agree that it would invite the Dirty Harry jokes. And you both should be calling the child the same name.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• No I would totally veto that name. I try and remember my kids have to go to school with that name and even if the kids dont know who Clint Eastwood is, their parents will, and itll still be carried into school.

Answer by gemgem at 8:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I do not like either of them, this is just me and is not my baby. I agree with gemgem your child will one day be in school. The kids today are very mean.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• no first thing i thought was clint eastwood. but i do like easton ryder. eastwood and sullivan sound too much last a last name to me.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Tell him no one liked it and maybe he'll consider your name. Easton sounds like a good compromise anyway :)
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 8:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow, your taste in names is very different from mine! But listen, if you don't like Eastwood, then it's a no. Same with your husband not liking Easton. You need to find something you both like (not love, just like), and call the kid the same thing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Before I read the rest of your questions, I was actually about to suggest Easton. lol. I don't like Eastwood at all. All I think about is Clint Eastwood and westerns. But since you don't like Eastwood and he doesn't like Easton, maybe you should throw both of those names out and find something new. That's what my husband and I had to do. I liked Aiden Allister, he hated it. He liked Ezra and I hated it. So we ended up searching through tons of baby name sites until we found Brayden, which we both liked. It has to be a name you both like since it's your child together. But I do like the middle name Ryder. Very cute.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011