How can i get hubby motivated?

Okay so hubby lost his job in dec. At first he wanted to go out like everyday for hours looking for work but recently he just lays around and sleeps all day. I cant seem to figure it out. He worked at the same place since he turned 18 so like 10 years. Now it seems like he just doesnt care. We have kids we need to support and i was working till i was put on bedrest for my pregnancy. So now we have 0 income. We have been living off our savings but when i went to check it we only have like 200 left. I love my hubby and i know he has been the main provider for the past 6 years but i just dont know what to do. I have tried to talk to him but it always ends up in a fight. Please any advice would help. And please no bashing.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 8:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Argument or not, if you are on bedrest, he is the ONLY one able to bring in an income. You have children to support and one of you needs to be working, so it has to be him. ((((((HUGS)))))) He is probably down because he hasn't gotten a job yet.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My dh was the same way (almost same situation too 10 yrs at the same place then laid off). He was depressed. Men who have long term jobs and support their families then lose them feel less then when they cannot find new work. They tend to give up after awhile because they dont feel like they can get a job. Just try and be understanding and tell him the facts. Tell him you are down to your last $200 and you really need him to understand he is a good husband and just needs to get out there and try a little more. He should try temp agencies. That is how I got mine back to work. He felt alot better once he was working and finally got a perm job this year.

Answer by gemgem at 8:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• He's starting to become depressed. You cannot take him to the doctor, but maybe you can encourage him or have some family or friends encourage him to go seek some help. Sometimes a man's world revolves around his ability to work and provide, and when they lose that, it's a quick spiral down.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sounds like depression to me. Get him to go to the doc and get medicated, then get some friends to bring him applications. He'll feel better if he gets up and does things, whether it's filling out applications or helping you with whatever. He needs to feel like he's doing something.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011