What is the hardest thing that you ever had to do?

For me right now is having to go to the nursing home tonight to tell my mother that my sister died!

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• First: I'm so sorry for your loss!

Second: My hardest thing was to love myself enough to file for divorce. Then continue to love myself to make "me" work again.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• oh im sorry. my hardest thing was deciding to take my dad off of the vent and all meds that were basically keepin him alive. that day still haunts me.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry!!! the hardest thing I have ever done is let go of my kids when they became adults, but it doesn't compare to what you have to do, again I am so sorry, hugs...

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thank you so much and I'm so sorry for all of that you all had to go through!
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm so sorry, that must be so difficult, and makes me understand that my toughest probably isn't as tough as I think it is. Wishing you the best.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sorry for your loss and having to tell your Mom.  The hardest thing I've ever had to do was love and alcoholic, and let him be. 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry that you have to do that.

To answre your questions well there have been a lot of hard things. I guess one that really sticks out in my mind is my parents were EMT's, on fire department, etc in our town. One year when I was in Jr High a house caught on fire. We arrived at the begining of it & spent the next hours watching the fire burn down the house but 3 triplet boys age 5/6 were trapped inside, they never made it out all 3 died. At one point I was forced to sit in the car with the boys mother to help prevent her from running into the house. As I sat there I had to watch & listen to her cry & scream going "I love you", I can see the images & hear the voices so clearly from that night. Something I simply will never forget my entire life.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that is for you and will be for your mom.

For me, I can't relate the #1 most difficult thing, but the other would be divorcing my ex-husband. I wasn't sure I could manage it all myself for us but I am! I was afraid of how my son would adjust but was MORE afraid of my son's spirit being broken by his father, or growing up to imitate his angry behaviors, which was already starting.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm so sorry for you and for your mother, you both are going thru hard stuff.
    For me the hardest thing I've ever done is accepting my mother's death.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• tell my husband that our baby girl died inside me in 2000

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011