Got a little embarrassed last night

My best friend has been having a lot of problems here lately and we havent been talking alot. Not because of me, but because I think she just doesnt want to bother me with her problems, but she wouldnt be bothering me. She is alot more touchy about all kinds of things as well. I just keep reaching out to let her know I am here. I really just dont know what to do anymore. I love her to death & I love her kids but sheesh.

One example our dds ended cheer a couple weeks back & I told her I was putting my dd into an all star team that competes year round so my dd can learn more. She cant do cartwheels or back hand stands, and this company teaches the girls all of that. They also compete in Nationals. My oldest dd also did this until she graduated & loved it. I told her my other friend actually owns the company and offered to let our girls come at half price (as long as we didnt tell any of the other moms). She said ok she wanted to do it. Then a few days later told me she knew I had extra money to put dd into anything she wanted to do but she had 3 kids at home & didnt have that luxury. I totally understand and if she didnt want to come she could have just said so & not made me feel bad because I could take my dd to this.
She ended up coming anyway and just was loud and complained about some of the rules. I was really hurt by her behavior & maybe it isnt normal for her to be this way but what am I supposed to do? Do I call her on it? Do I ignore it?

Asked by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You said she's been having some problems lately, and maybe she's irritable due to that, maybe even depressed? If it were me, I'd let the comments roll off for now. Then I'd ask her over for coffee, maybe in a relaxed setting (when the kids are in school or in activities) and see if she opens up a bit. You sound like a good friend. Look at the whole picture, and if she's been someone who has brought positives into your life, don't let this one negative ruin that.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• thats a tough one i would call her and ask if theres something she needs to talk about cuz you noticed she hasnt been acting like herself good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Call her on it. Let her know you know something is wrong and you want her to have a place to let it all out.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 8:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011