When you are sick, do you get any "special treatment" - - Half question/half vent

I am so irritated. I am sick. Sick, sick, sick. High fever, diarrhea, puking (sometimes at the same time...fun stuff) headaches, chills, body aches...I want to die. This is on top of being about 30 weeks pregnant and having some contractions periodically.

When my LP had a headache and some nausea the other day, he stayed in bed all day long..."couldn't" do anything.

Now that I'm sick, well, I worked all day yesterday and half the night tutoring afterward, did the girls' schoolwork with them, cooked the meals, changed the poop-water diapers (kids are sick too), baths, my own schoolwork, and tried to hold the house together while the kids were destroying it.

He was out working on his friend's house (for fun...not pay), and when I finally called him to tell him to get his ass home, I needed help, he argued a minute and finally said "ok...just do what you have to do...don't worry about the kids for right now, I'll be home to deal with them." TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER...(mind you he was 10 mins away)...he shows up WITH his friends...house is trashed....I'm sweating through my clothes looking like a train wreck, and the pair of them basically acted like I should be kissing his ass for showing up to help take care of HIS house, HIS kids, and HIS LP!

Keep in mind that he was home an hour...long enough to get the kids through the bath and vacuum the living room...and left. Got home at 4:30 am and is sound asleep while I got to drag my sick ass up to take care of the kids, change some more diarrhea diapers, puke sheets, and attempt some breakfast.

I guarantee you I get nothing but attitude about him "getting in late" like it is my fault and he didn't know what is going on at home. I had to call off work at 2:30 am, and I will spend my "sick day" being two parents instead of being "sick".

I guess I am just disgusted that he doesn't see this or recognize it as a problem.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Totally clueless male. Went through the same mess 3 weeks ago. Hang in there.
    tammysgray

Answer by tammysgray at 9:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nope, no days off for me. My Hubby works away from home 4-6 weeks at a time so if I'm sick I still have to keep going. Thankfully I am SAHM, I do get some rest through the day, in between running around town for everyone, and school during the day....
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If I'm sick (which is rare, thank goodness) it's business as usual, only I have to do it while sick. My husband works 7 days a week so there is no option of him taking care of things around here. But, if I were in your situation where yours could be there but is choosing not to, he would have no clean laundry, no food, no nothing. I would not be doing for him in the midst of everything else. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh believe me, I am doing for me and the girls, exclusively. He had the balls to ask me to make him cookies on his way home for that hour last night. Um...no. You are 30 and out and about. I am sure there are some damn cookies out there somewhere!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm sure my DH feels sorry for me when I'm sick and he tries to help out with our 3 kids when he can but life goes on and bills have to be paid so he works.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• FYI-----LP means lesbian partner

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think thats every woman, we are not allowed to get sick and do nothing. but when they are sick its the end of the world.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011