Does anyone know of a marriage counselor?

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 4:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont know where you live. You should look in the phone book and look up therapists. If you cant then call social services and ask who they refer to for counseling, usually there is a mental health division and they go based on your income.

Answer by gemgem at 5:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Like she said.... should be in the phone book. I'm just a SAHM, but I'll tell you that whatever it is, talk about the problem without interupting each other, listen, put your priorities in the same order, forgive and let it go, and always try to make each other feel loved, wanted, needed, respected and attractive. And then talk some more ;) Works for me. But if my advice fails....go for the phonebook, there's a lot of good ones out there but you may not find them on the first try, both of you have to like them, and both of you have to be dedicated to trying to make the necessary changes.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• DR PHIL
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• rolling on floorDr Phil? Isn't he SEEING a marriage counselor over his marriage problems? You can find marriage counselors in the phone book like the others said.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You can also get referrals through your insurance.

Or consider seeing a clergyman. I see a pattern in your posts today, and it looks like his trust in you is a major issue.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008