Is there anyone on here who does not believe in using birth control?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Health

• OP, it has worked nicely for us, but we are pretty careful, and honestly, we don't have sex all that terribly often, lol. DH and I have been together almost 16 years, and we've exactly 2 pregnancies (the 2 kids we have).
    This method might not work for you if any of the following statements are true (and I am not an expert, these are just my thoughts after doing it this way for so long):
    -if you have lots and lots of sex
    -if you aren't pretty organized and always aware of your cycle
    -if your cycle is irregular at all
    -if you can't fully, 100% count on your SO to pull out well before ejaculation
    -if you're one of those super-fertile couples...yes, I've known a few people like that, you know--the ones who seem to get pregnant every time they have sex?
    -if it would be devastating if you got pregnant again (while my DH and I don't want any more, we wouldn't think it was the end of the world if it happened, KWIM?)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Do you mean not believe in it like out of moral compunctions? I have no moral objections so birth control whatsoever (and in fact wish more people would use it but that's a whole 'nother post), but I have never been on birth control pills, IUD's, etc. I don't like the thought of putting hormones into body--it just doesn't seem natural or healthy to me. DH and I have always practiced natural family planning, watching the calendar, using condoms when needed, plus withdrawal always. It's worked well for us.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was only ever on birth control for a short time but I never felt "right" so I stopped. I don't believe in putting that stuff in your body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yes..thats what i mean. that or because of religion..or whatever.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• we want another baby..maybe more but i do not want to go back on any type of bc afterwards because of all the troubles ive had. i'm just wondering how well its worked for some people.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i would like to have 2 more but i really would like to have them spaced out...
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Then you should just use the good ol condoms and the pull out method.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Birth control worked great for me.  Once we were done having babies we went straight for the permanent options.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We also use natural family planning.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 2:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Um, pulling out method you can still get pregnant doing that???? if ya don't want to take BC pills then use condoms other wise you are going to risk getting pregnant earlier then ya want too or have more babies then you want or can afford.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2011