If im on welfare do the pay for you to go to school?

ashibaybeox

Asked by ashibaybeox at 9:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• No. You can apply for Pell Grants & Student loans.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yep! The state will pay for you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think you need to ask the social servcies office that question.  It may vary from state to state.  But I have no idea what they pay for.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't think so but if you qualify for welfare then there maybe another program that you qualify for that will give you skills...call welfare and ask and if that doesnt work ( I know they can be a pain) google it... My sister is on welfare and I've been finding alot of programs in our state for her that have helped out alot and we never knew they were there... But help is a long hard process you have to be persistant.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The only people that get school paid for are Native Americans. You have to apply for financial aid in the form of grants and loans like everyone else.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think your able to get grants to help pay for it, ask your social worker about it, or your local workforce agency.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Namasate: You are not correct. I am NOT Native American and the PA office paid for 2 years of school...tuition and books.

OP: It depends on what programs and funds are currently available. Look into the Dislocated Worker program, and Displaced Homemaker program. Also, talk to your caseworker and a Job Service caseworker. You can also apply for grants, scholarships and loans.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• DPW might have a grant for you. Find the college you want to go to and talk to their financial aid department see what scholarships they offer, apply for them. Then go to FAFSA.gov and apply for financial aid. That will get you Pell grants, state grants, and student loans you are eligible for.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

Next question in
Math Help please

Next question overall (Adult Children (18+))
How do you let them go?