Does it drive you nuts when..?

I am pregnant with my third child--only a few more weeks to go until she makes her entrance. Family members keep telling me how hard it's going to be when she arrives. Even strangers "tsk tsk" and shake their heads, prophesying doom.
I have every confidence in myself that I'll be JUST fine with three (or more!!). Why does everyone feel the need to make me feel as though I won't be able to handle it? Does this happen to anyone else? And does it drive anyone else bananas??

CreativeSpirit

Asked by CreativeSpirit at 12:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah! I know what you mean everyone said the same to me specially with my last pregnancy because they were twins and that would make 5 boys. I hated it!!! It drove me crazy!!! I proved them wrong, it will be hard obviouly but if you feel you can handle it, you can! The bad part is when I have a doc's apt. or a teacher parent conference I don't feel I can ask anyone for help, because I feel they will say, "I told you so!" But don't worry you will be just fine! Ignore them and prove them wrong.
    Sleepless55

Answer by Sleepless55 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I know what you mean! Even when I was pregnant with my daughter (my first), everyone was worried I wouldnt be able to handle it because I was only 19 when I got pregnant. Well, I had been raising my brothers kids for two years prior to my getting pregnant and they are much, much harder to handle than my daughter. I think i'm doing pretty good for myself and I really just want to tell everyone to F off.
    Kylinasmommy

Answer by Kylinasmommy at 2:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yes. it's my mil and we no longer speak to her. answer you question?
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• There are always going to be nay-sayers I have found. For me, it is about breastfeeding. I tell people I am going to nurse and everyone has some story or reason to think I won't be successful at it. It drives me insane! People are negative based on their own narrow-mindedness and opinions, but that has nothing to do with you or your capabilities. There are families with 16 kids out there that do just fine. Since when did having three become such a big deal?
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• if you are on your third child you should be able to handle it easily
    engagedandloved

Answer by engagedandloved at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• those same people would crap their pants if they knew my bff..she is having twins, b/c failed. They will be child numbe 5 and 6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• People are haters, get used to it. My friends are freaked that I'm having 1 kid (at 28!). People have this idea that the world is "overpopulated" and that it's crazy to have more than 2 kids. I think it's just since they would never do it, they can't imagine someone else doing it. I really think that our society is at its most selfish point and most people are too worried about themselves to want that many kids. You'll be fine! My answer to most naysayers is "It's a good thing you're own mom didn't feel that way about you, otherwise you may not have made it!"
    Anonymous

• That's funny. Most people tsk tsk because we didn't try for a girl. You know what is right for your family. Don't let others' opinions influence you.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 12:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2008