Is it rude to post a picture of someone on facebook without asking their permission first?

I HATE when people take a picture of me and post it all over Facebook!!!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

How do you feel when someone posts a pic of you?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 9:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think it's rude. May not be the popular opinion here, but I have a mix of friends on my FB page, friends from the past, friends from the present, work relationships, et cetera. I don't need someone posting my seventh grade pictures and tagging me in it for my work contacts to see just so they can reminisce about the days of old. If that's the case, send it to me in a message and say - hey, remember this time we were being so silly? Secondly, I'm extremely private about my children on FB. I don't use their names and I don't post their pictures, it's not fair to them as they have no control over it. I don't care if someone else took a picture of them while we were visiting their house and the picture is their property. I have told one of my friends in particular, and I wasn't mean, I just joked with her that I wanted her to stop posting my old pictures for all my professional contacts to see, and she respected that.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Absolutely it is..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yes, but I hate it more when they do photos of my children.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I don't think it is rude unless you have told them not too. My husband's cousin posted a less than flattering photo of me and tagged me in it. I untagged myself and she retagged it. Finally I sent her a message that it was a really unflattering pic and to please stop tagging me in it. She apologized and took it down completely.
    If they continue to do it after you have told it bothers you, then it is rude.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am a private person and I also don't like when people do that
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Do you posts pics of yourself? I think if they are appropriate pics and I had pics on my facebook I would not have a problem..............They had to get the pic somewhere, so you either let them take it or they took it from somewhere where you shared it................That's my opinion
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Rude? Not unless you specifically asked them not to. C'mon, would it be rude for a bride to post a picture of her wedding party if you were in it?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It is sometimes upsetting. But it is what social media is about.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The pic was taken without asking. I was not aware the pic was even taken of me till I see in on Facebook. It is really unflattering and I am so embarassed.

@Buttons-- Yes, I do post pics of myself but only the ones I feel good about. I am overweight and so selfconcious. I just feel like crying......
    CaseyErin

Comment by CaseyErin (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011