Whole chicken recipe?

I have a whole chicken to make and i do not know what to do, any ideas? I can't cut up a chicken so i need to cook it just like it is. Thanks!

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Rub olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut up a lemon and stuff it in the cavity. Cook it at 350 for 20 minutes per pounds, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I usually obviously take out anything in it, wash it, put butter on top of it with other seasonings like salt, pepper and maybe garlic salt or whatever. I put a whole onion in the cavity and cook it on 375 for as many hours as needed for the weight of the chicken. Then I make side items like potatoes or whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Do you have a crock pot? That's how we always do ours. Simple as simple can be...I roll up foil balls, place the chicken on it, put on some salt, pepper and paprika and cook it for 8 - 10 hours on low. What I get is a cooked chicken that can be used for all kinds of dishes.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wash it inside and out, dry it off and put it in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the outside with season salt, garlic salt and pepper (or any seasoning you like, that's just what I use) and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes per pound. I don't stuff the cavity or anything and it turnes out perfect every time. We've tried the onion and the lemon and both are too strong for us. After the chicken has cooked, drain the juices from your baking dish and make some of the best gravy ever.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would bake it. Clean out the cavity, rinse the whole chicken in cool water. Place in a roasting pan. Salt and pepper the inside and the entire outside, top and bottom. Place chicken with the breast up. That is it. Bake for 20 minutes a lb at 350 degrees.

You can so different spices if you like too. Cut up some lemon and place the slices in the cavity and squeeze some juice on the chicken before you salt and pepper. Or rub it with some crushed garlic. I always cut up some potatoes, onions and carrots and put those in the pan.

If you do not have a roasting pan, put it is a regular baking dish and cover with foil.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ingredients:

1 (4 pound) whole chicken,1/2 cup dry white wine,2 lemons, cut in half,6 large cloves garlic,1 1/2 teaspoonsbutter,salt and pepper to taste

Method:

1.Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Pour the wine into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; set aside.

2.Place the lemon halves and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Slide half of the butter underneath the skin of each breast. Rub the chicken all over with Dijon mustard, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place into the cast-iron skillet.

3.Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees.
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• bake the chicken till done...shred and make make BBQ...mmm good...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I do it in the crock pot, or in the oven in a metal baking pan with foil over top. A bit of olive oil rubbed all over it, some salt & pepper or seasoned salt, anything else that sounds good (usually nothing, I like it pretty plain so the natural flavor comes out), and a bit of water in the bottom. Low & slow - low in the crock pot, 250 in the oven - 6 hours either way. So juicy, so good, my kids can eat a whole chicken cooked thatw ay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Go to the store and get a box of Anne's frozen pastry strips. The recipe for chicken and pastry is on the back - it's quick, easy, and a favorite of everyone around here!

Answer by missanc at 12:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Take all the crap out, sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika inside and outside stuff it full of cut lemons and garlic put it in the crock pot on high for 5 hours...it's so moist its gotta be a crime...makes it's own juice that if you want to you can thicken up a little bit and use it as gravy for mashed potatoes....OMG you will LOVE this or your money back lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011