Why are people so against Wicca?

Wicca's first rule is Thou shall harm none. Meaning nature, animals, people, themselves. We do not worship the devil (we don't even believe in him). Our God is represented by Pan, whom some may say "Look like the devil" but to be honest the church used Pan as propaganda against Pagans so they would fear him in order to convert people over. Really people. Do us all a favor and educate yourselves on religion. Half of Christian holidays stem from pagan holidays. Like Christmas. Which was a pagan holiday (Yule). We use it now to celebrate the birth of Jesus, when even now it was proven that he wasn't born on Christmas.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am one of Jehovahs witnesses, so I don't celebrate the holidays, because they are all pagan.
    I am not sure about what wicca is, It's not someting I have ever studied on, I have found out that if you have questions about ones religion to ask them not to check elsewhere, as people do with my religion. Or just listen to what their paster tells them, because it is mostly wrong. I have never heard of pan. So is wicca, a meaning of wich? Interesting to know. And as for Christmas from what I have looked p online, Dec.25 has been a holiday thats been celebrated since b4 Jesus. It had something to do with a sungod.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• some people are naive and confuse wiccian with satanism.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• People are so against Wicca and Paganism because they are uneducated and uninformed/misinformed about it. Period. And on the offchance that they have done their homework, many people are simply unwilling to accept something that isn't what they believe, or that is generally misunderstood. Take the Holocaust as an example....there are people that believe the Holocaust was all propaganda. People will believe whatever they want to believe.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Truthfully people are against it because they are ignorant of the truth. Most of which are raised to believe that anything outside of there little box is evil... My mother is a JW and that's how I was raised... I was told on a regular basis that my visions were evil and demonic... People are just very narrow minded!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Because it's negatively portrayed in the media. It's always showing the conjuring of spirits (usually evil). TV shows always focus on the dark side of it, people don't take time to learn about it, they let the media form their opinions.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Wicca is the new Age incarnation of Witchcraft. The revival of what little can be discovered about the Earth-based, Goddess worshipping religion of centuries ago. Not much reliable information remains, because first the Jews, the the Christians waged a fanatical war against Paganism, both literal and by changing people's perception of it as evil, satanism, bloodthirsty...
    Most if not all the hundreds of thousands of women murdered as "witches" throughout the centuries were not witches at all. Some were herbal healers, some were midwives, others were just old women, half senile or who had something somebody wanted to buy from her heirs, and she was taking too long to die...
    Public image has turned the witch into an old woman with green skin, warts on the nose and evil in her heart. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2008