I don't get it?

Cafemom Facebook page

How are men there openly participating in the Cafemom posts? but they can't do it here openly? Its basically the same stuff isn't it?

I think its partly because CM can't do anything about it on someone else's website (in this case FB). But in the same light those same men could come here and just BS about being moms, right and participate here too. No way to tell whose typing.

"I don't want advice from men"..."this is cafeMOM"....Well, you may just be, because how would you know whose advice you're following online?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Personally, I don't care if it's a man or a woman giving me advice - if it's good advice, I'll take it (or at least consider it). If it's an opinion expressed in a respectful and mature way, I'll respect it (whether I agree or not).

As long as men (or, for that matter) women aren't on here trying to score dates, cyber sex, etc, I really don't care.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ya it can be.. Select one of the two:

1. If one gets concerned then one shouldn't post any personal things here. That's all....

2. If one isn't concerned abt this, it's fine because who knows who's here?
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Agree with SailorWife..... why does it matter if Male, Female or Alien - If its good advice and can give you info you otherwise didnt have, why does it matter???
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Really, guys aren't allowed on here? But what about SAHDs? Or single dads? Or heck, any dad who is involved in their kid's life and would like some company/advice? Why would anyone discourage men from talking about parenting/family stuff?

And I KNOW there are some guys here with profiles... There are names that are very typical male names. I always thought it was just called "Cafemom" since women are more likely to be the ones with kid-questions... not that it's exclusive.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011