Cloth or leather seats in vehicles when you have children??

I'm looking at getting a different vehicle in the next week or 2..I was thinking of going with leather b/c we have one child now and more in our future. Just wanted your gals opinion. Thanks!

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in

• Having had a minivan with cloth seats, I went with the leather. Even the neatest people have accidents. And unless you clean the cloth on a regular basis, the dirt is going to show. I keep towels in the car to cover the leather seats in the summer. Leather also does hold in pet hair. When we traded in my old van, we were cleaning and found some residual dog hair from our dog that died 6 years ago!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I love leather.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have cloth and have children; never been an issue because my kids are very neat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My only concern with the leather is how the car seat will mark it. Other than that, leather is obviously easier to keep clean.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• leather is easier to keep clean, but also gets really hot (atleast where i live) i'd go with cloth.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Leather.  It looks nicer, is easier to clean and although it can get sticky in the summer, I think it's worth the price.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Both have advantages. With cloth you can make sure you put mats or towels under the car seats and it will help with anything they drop. Leather you run the risk of them or the car seats wearing the leather and it tearing. Leather is more comfortable though.

Answer by gemgem at 9:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• For the cleaning part of it leather would be easier to maintain, for kids soft skin cloth seats would be better; ya you can make the choice which suits you more....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• leather is better for clean up purposes...but if you have cloth or leather....a blanket over the seat works well to prevent messes or to prevent car seats from marking it up. I use to do that when my kids were smaller.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

Next question in
Changing your Themes

Next question overall (Health)
Discharge adult content