Healing from a repeat c-section?

My first daughter was born by emergency c-section, and I'm scheduled to deliver my second by c-section on December 22nd. I am getting really nervous because one of my friends just had her 2nd c-section a month ago, and she is not healing well. The scar tissue didn't line up well when she was re-stitched, and now there are parts of the wound that aren't healing correctly.

Is this common with repeat c-sections? I am starting to think I need to coerce my body into labor before the 22nd. :-/ lol

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 5:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have two teenage boys, and my first was an emergency c-section after 14 hours of labor. My second, almost 3 years younger, was a scheduled c-section. My choice --- my ob would have supported me either way. The second time was a breeze! I was up so much sooner walking around, the pain was much less (I needed very little pain medication when I got home the second time), and I healed faster! I'm sure everyone is different, but I had no issues with healing. I would do it the same way again.
    Vanz236

Answer by Vanz236 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Now im all scared! thanks lol. Im having a repeat Jan 26th...I have been going crazy about whats going to happen.My first was easy..way to easy lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have had two myslef and will ahve another in March. I had no problems healing with the first or second, some people have 6 and still have no problems. I'm planning on trying for one more after this, that is 4. It may be more risky but I want three kids. ( we had one stillborn, so 3 kids 4 c-sections is what we're hoping for). Anyways, most people heal fine after 2. There's always a small risk for things going wrong. It's major surgery but I honestly wouldn't worry too much over it.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• A lady at my church had her last 2 via c-sections (both were emergency). She said that her previous 4 kids were easier to heal from, but the last one was the hardest.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I had 3 c-sections and each one healed faster than the last. I had no problems with the healing and getting back into the swing of things. My best friend had her first c-section when I had my second and she had problems healing but that was her own fault. She decided that a few weeks after giving birth she could go back to throwing hay bales around and other heavy lifting/work. I tried telling her that her body was still healing but she didn't listen.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 6:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It happens sometimes ( the problems with recovering), but that happens with first c-sections sometimes, too, so I wouldn't let it worry you too much. I have had 3 ( having my 4th this month) and the recovery from the subsequent ones was just as easy as the first, and actually, the recovery with my third was the easiest of all of them...don't know why, but who's complaining lol. Just take it easy and try not to overdo it :) Good luck!
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 11:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008