Toddlers and birthday presents

So on Sunday we had a big party for my daughter's 2 year birthday. She got a bunch of presents. I have hid most of them and so far only given her two. I don't want to overindulge her and give her 20 presents at once. It just seems so spoiled, not to mention that they get so tired of toys after a short time.

How do other people handle giving toddlers presents?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 9:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not to be given all at one go to them. This would certainly spoil them...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• When mine were that age we let them open the presents and then when we got home we rotated the toys - put the new ones in the toy bin and took some of the older or not played with toys out.
    I do like your idea of giving her a few presents at at time- that way she always has something new to play with.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I always went through them because we would sometimes end up with presents that werent exactly age appropriate. Id put them away and give them the rest.

Answer by gemgem at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My daughter has the BEST time opening presents with abandon. :) She doesn't appreciate all the gifts in the moment but when she 'discovers' them again a week or even a month later, it's like getting a present all over again. I was all about slow opening and not spoiling but realized that for my daughter, that curtailed some of her fun not to mention other members of my family think it's a hoot to watch her open everything at once.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would give them to her on her birthday so she knows this is why is she getting them and so she doesn't expect them all the time.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i like to give it to them all at one time. If they are spiold than thats what they are. I like to see them not know which one they are gonna open up first
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011