What do your children call their grandparents?

We're looking for something other than grandma so-and-so and we already have a Mema, Nanny, Grannie, Grandma and Nana. I want something different.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Papa & Mama
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my dad and stepmom are grandpa and grandma, my mom is granny, my dh's dad is pap-pap, my dh's mom and stepdad are memaw and pappy, my adopted mom and dad are nana and pop pop. then there are 3 great grandmas- Maw, Noni, and great grandma. trust me that is a lot to keep straight! lol
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nonna and Papa for my parents and Gam and Grandpa for dh's parents.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my son called grandpa papa when he was really young.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My mom wanted to be called "Honey" so that's what my daughter calls her. My dad goes by Granddad and my MIL is called Nana.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my kids call their grandparents grandma and grandpa

My daughter kids call them G-Pa and G-Ma

my grandkids call me Gammie and Papa
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My 3 older kids always say grandma or grandpa & call my inlaws grandma & grandpa then their names. My 4th baby calls my parents grandma and grandpa and his dads mom Oma. She is German and that is I guess grandma in German? My 5th calls her grandmas just grandma & one a Dreama, no names after, but has different names for the grandpas. One is Papa, one is grandpa, and one is grampy.

My grandkids have different names for us. I am Memaw, and my husband is grandpa. The other grandparents are Papa Bill & Namaw

Answer by gemgem at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We do G and GG (great grandma). I have heard Memaw, Mommom, and Oma (which is German) Take a look at this site.

http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/grandparents-nicknames.htm
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• All my parents are as follows:
    My mom = Grandma Laurie or Grandma Bogey
    My stepdad (who we call Bogey) = Grandpa Bogey
    My dad = Paka (that one came from my niece and it stuck)
    My stepmom = Nanny (she's been called that since my nephew was born 19 years ago)
    And then my ex's parents are just grandma and grandpa.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My grandson and granddaughter call their other grandparents Oma and Ompa. Their great grandma was LuLu-Bok. I think it has something to do with the Philippines.

tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011