When do i start ?

My son will be 3 on the 22nd. this month. He knows some letters and numbers and little bit of colors. not much of writing. When do i start this? How do i get him to want to do these things??

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 10:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you should do it now, get him some books or dvds that will teach this so he will be interested in it. Make it fun for him.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• He's still pretty young to be writing. Start him off on practicing making lines and shapes. A really fun way to do this is to spray some shaving cream on your kitchen counter and let him write in it. You can also fill a shoe box (or a rubbermaid box about that size) with a little sand and let him write in that. I taught 4 yo preschool and very few of my students came in knowing how to write, but they could when they were ready for kindergarten. Don't push him, but if he enjoys learning then encourage him.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My son doesn't know writing yet, but he knows basic shapes, colors, and letters and even numbers. he knows black, blue, purple, white, green, yellow and red, orange. he knows to count to three but even then we have to remind him.
    But don't force it, we actually bought my son a leapster console and it has pen thing attached to it as he plays game, that helps him know how to old a pen or pencil and his writing skills.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• you can start now just be patient with him and watch educational shows and talk to him about what is on them

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2011