TMI... feminine issues... adult content

I've never had a yeast infection (that I know of), nor a urinary tract infection. I'm not sure what they feel like. I've never had any STD's, and there's no chance of that now since I had a baby a month ago by c-sect and there's been no sex since she was conceived. In the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed an itch in my clitoral area or it could be my urethra. I also noticed an odor, but I thought it was the slight bloody discharge I'm having due to having just given birth. During my pregnancy I brought it to my OB's attention that my outer labia & vulva would hurt if I got up in the night, like either an ingrown hair or swollen lymph glands. She checked me and said everything was fine. I haven't had that pain in awhile, and today I'm also having pain similar to that, but it's my inner labia on the left side. I'm having the pain along with odor and itch in my clitoral region. What could this be? What do I do for it, and can it wait until I see my doc in about 2 more weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Health

• Could be a yeast infection like the other ladies said, or another kind of bacterial infection. There's more than just yeast infections, and some that are common after you have a baby, or things like that. Other infections are just as easily treated as a yeast infection, so definitely ask your doctor and see if that's what it is.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• sounds like a yeast infection. You could get one of those at home tests to see if that is in fact what it is
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's probably just a yeast infection cuz your hormones are out of wack....not biggy just get some monistat. Also, having just given birth via c-section has nothing to do with stds, so i dont see why that's relavent.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would call the doctor and get an appointment. I would not take anything over the counter unless you are sure what it is. And at just 4 weeks postpartum, I am not sure what is safe over the counter to take for a yeast infection. Call the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Oh no I wasn't connecting the c-sect with STD's, just the symptoms. I brought up c-sect because I'm not supposed to have sex until I'm healed (6 weeks) so STDs are out of the question. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Called the doc & they want me to come in asap. They didn't sound urgent in their voice, but they definitely want me to come in before my 6 week post-partum appt. in 2 weeks. I have an appointment tomorrow. I hope it's nothing serious... I can't imagine it would be. I was suprised when they wanted me to come in, I was expecting them to say "Just get some Monistat & you'll be fine".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2011