I know I'm pregnant, I have a strong feeling, I'm showing signs, but everytime I take a pee test it says I'm not pregnant...is this normal?

Can I still be pregnant even though my pee says I'm not? Can I take a blood test or something and get different results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes and yes. However, time is also a good indicator. If your period is more than a week or two late, go on ahead and make an appointment with your OB. I'd hold of on the blood test until you're late for that long.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 12:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• with traces of HCG in urine it shws up much later than it does in blood. HCG in blood shows a weeks after conception. I know this for a fact concidering I am a phlebotomist. When I was pregnant with my son I didnt show on a pee test until 2 weeks after my missed period but my blood test shown just 3 days late
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 12:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I was very very pregnant when two tests came back negative. It totally threw me off. I swear I thought I was dying b/c I was so sick all the time. I would go to the doc and have a urine test done right.
    unga

Answer by unga at 1:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yes. blood test for sure.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I took pregnancy tests for months, they all said negative.. when, actually, I was pregnant the whole time. I was almost 4 months when I took one and it finally said positive.
    kecia_rogers

Answer by kecia_rogers at 2:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i had taken a test for 3 months straight and it came out negative and i had went to the emergency room for a pain in my stomache and they took a pregnancy test and it came out positive there. so just wait a couple of weeks and take another one.
    greenegurls

Answer by greenegurls at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008