I wanna hear everyones labor stories.

start from where you first found out you were in labor

liv3laughlov3

Asked by liv3laughlov3 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Okay, i was induced, it hurt like hell until they gave me the epidural. I was in labor like all day and then they did an emergency c-section. The second was a planned c-section, so no labor. Fun stuff.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ha well I have had 5 kids so Ill just tell you the first one. I had been in and out of the hospital for dehydration. I lived in the desert & I was due in June (not hard to get dehydrated). Anyway I was 4 days late and woke up with a sharp pain, went to the bathroom & timed then (5 min apart). Woke up (now ex) dh, he took a shower and we got to the L&D around 4:30am. I was dilated to 5. I sat around with no real omg it hurts pain until around 7:30 or so. Then I had hard labor. The Dr said I wouldnt have her for atleast 3 hours bc I was a teenager and it took longer to actually push the baby out. My dds dad said whats that then? It was dds head and she was coming right then, whether anyone liked it or not. She was born at 8:04 and everyone was so surprised lol. They thought Id be in labor forever.

Answer by gemgem at 10:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We had just gone to bed (three years ago last night - it's my son's birthday today!) at about quarter to ten & then contractions started. I was eight days over due at that point & had been having braxton hicks contractions for a long time, but after two evenly spaced contractions that night, I just had a feeling it was real. I started to panic (I was terrified to give birth) & told my then-boyfriend I was scared & it was real. We got back out of bed & he had a shower & then we left. Even on the 30 minute drive to the hospital, my contractions got BAD. My labor progressed rather slowly after it hit that bad point & my water never broke. They had to break it there. After trying the shower & the gas, I got an epidural & took a nap. The nurses realized that with every contraction my son's heartrate dropped so they decided to do a c-section. I panicked and they had to knock me out.
    My son was born at 6:20 am a year ago today.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• With our older daughter I was in labor for several hours before we went to the hospital, and I was in labor for 23 hours there. With our younger daughter I was in labor at home for 14 hours, went to the hospital and was in labor there for another 37. Our younger daughter brought with her back labor that I thought I would die from (or that I wished would hurry up and kill me) and even the epidural did not take away all of the pain. I have never been through anything worse in all my life - and if I should ever get pregnant again I want a planed c-section that I am completely out for.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I never went into labor, had a planned c section. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'd be here all day lol, but with my last I got pregnant on mine & DH's Anniversary and she was due Valentines day, she ended up going over so my Dr decided to induce , I went in at 6am and they started antibiotics for strep B, that felt like someone was ripping my veins apart, then a couple hour later went ahead and started the pitocin I started having contractions but nothing major so I requested not to get any pain meds, 2 hours later the contractions were coming very strong and they upped the pitocin and broke my water, within an hour I was in so much pain I thought I was gonna die , I wanted the epidural they called and just my luck they were busy and were gonna try to get there in time to give me one, Nope didn't happen, I said turn the pitocin off, I can't take this pain anymore, they took my Dh out in the hall and told him if they turn it off things would slow down - CONT be
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The DR requested they leave it on so my DH agreed , they came back in and I was literally raising my body off the bed with just my arms because I was in so much pain, they told me what they talked about and since I wasn't really capable of making a rational decision they were gonna leave it on, I went off and said I know my rights and I am telling you for the last D*** time turn it off or I yank it out of my arm, they did and I said she is coming, I need to push and what does my nurse do? , her and another nurse force my legs closed?? really wondering now where they went to medical school, I kept pushing anyway, The dr said let me check you first to make sure you are ready, I said there is no time she is coming, the dr turned around told the nurses to move and my Cara was born (with a caul) , I was so proud of myself even though I have had natural labor before (5 kids) never with pitocin and that I will never do again,.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• With my ds, I had my regular check up in the morning, I had been having some irregular contractions, she checked me and I was at a 3 and 100% effaced. She told me she thought shed see me within the next 3 days. I went home, and took a nap, only to get woken up by some regular contractions. Finally after having contractions from about 1pm-8pm 5-7 min. Apart, I decided I was going to take a warm shower, just incase. I got in the shower, and my contractions got really close (1-2 mins) and really strong. So I headed to the hospital. I had my ds march 11,2008 at 1:58am. :)
    I was induced at 42 weeks with my dd, went in at 5, meds started at 7:30am, and had my dd august 26, 2009 at 1:27pm. Being induced wasn't that bad for me.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We had a scheduled induction at 8am. They started me with cervidil hoping I would go into labor w/o pitocin and I did. My actual labor started around 11am that morning, and by 630 pm that evening my contractions were whoppers! All this time I wasn't allowed to eat, and I was so hungry!! Well, I toughed through about 6 1/2 hours of hard labor/contractions and at midnight I got my epidural and I was 5cm dialated. So after the epidural I was able to sleep and rest up for the next day. That afternoon I started vomiting follow by a spat with my MIL because I didn't want her in there during the birth. I'm very happy I just had mom and hubby in there, because they were a great team during the labor. My epidural wore off at the perfect time and I felt my contractions when I started pushing so I felt exactly when I needed to push. After about 32ish hoursof labor and 45 minutes of pushing we had a beautiful healthy red headed baby boy!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was 5 days late had a stress test the test showed that my fluid was low, they called my dr put a pill inside me to help induce bc I was only dialated at like 2cm. Stayed there the whole day they put the pill in me a couple of times nothing happened. The next morning at 6am the gave me pitocin bc the other stuff wasn't working. About an hour later the nurse came in said she couldn't hear the heartbeat, the dr came in to pop my bag but nothing came out. Had to go into an emergency c-section. The cord was wrapped around his neck thats why they couldn't hear the heartbeat, but luckily all is well!!
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 12:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2011