Is this pathetic?

My ex-MIL actually got a lawyer to represent her dead beat son who owes me 50k in CS. Because he is on SSI his lawyer won the case and he owes me nothing. I wrote a letter to her begging she start sending the $231/month. We need it right now. I was laid off and my husband supports us all of his income. Is that pathetic or worth a shot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think anyone that won't pay child support is pathetic, my son is 16 and i am still waiting on money from his so called Dad.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree with jenn4443. You help create them, help support them; I don't care if they have to work 2 jobs or even 3.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think his mom is pathetic for getting him out of paying child support. I don't think it's wrong at all to ask her to contribute financially - she could afford an attorney, she can afford to help out with the child. Good luck. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It’s pathetic that he can’t/won’t pay. It’s pathetic that he needs his mommy to bail him out. That’s all.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's pathetic he's not paying child support
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It's pathetic that he doesn't and won't step up and pay child support. It's NOT however his mother's job or responsibility. I would send the letter to him, not his mother.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Both of them are pathetic, sounds like to me he's just a sperm donor but it will be okay cause he my need that same child that he is not taking care of to pass him a glass of water , my mother used to say this and it means that when he gets old and unable to do for himself that he may need the same child he hadn't taken care of to care for him. i hate u have to go through this but u aint the first and aint going to be the last God bless
    sunkist84

Answer by sunkist84 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011