U/s at 23 weeks and 6 days could sex still be confused?

So I'll be getting my ultrasound done one day shy of six months. In my opinion there is no way they can confuse gender being that far along now. But my mom said there still is a possiblilty, only way I see if baby doesn't open its legs. So I'm trying to get your opinions ladies please?

Mrs.Cruz

Asked by Mrs.Cruz at 10:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I work with a guy who's girlfriend who had 2 ultrasounds done. First at 20 weeks and second done at 28 weeks... both times saying it was a girl. Baby born - It was a BOY!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 10:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Depends on the skill of your tech and your baby's cooperation. It's highly unlikely that they will get it wrong, but stranger things have happened.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• It really depends on how "obvious" it is. If baby is positioned differently every time... like with legs crossed or turned a certain way or something, yeah, it could be confused. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
    Of course if it seems very clear that it's one or the other, the chances of that being wrong are really slim.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We are human, we do make mistakes and that thing called the umbilical cord can get in the way as well as many other body parts to trick the eye into thinking one thing or another :) With that said, take what they say with a grain of salt.. You will know for sure what the sex is when the baby is born.. Buy a few things pink, and blue but keep the receipts...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• sex =/= gender
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• They aren't 100%. The first thing the U/S tech said to us was, "Don't go buy everything blue". You'll know for sure when baby gets here. Congratulations!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ask them how sure of it they r. Ours said she was 100 percent sure so i felt i trusted her
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011