Need Easter hunt ideas for an older boy

Between my sister in law and I we have three preschoolers. So we do big Easter egg hunts for them. I also have a 9 year old son. I want to do something fun for him that isn't quite as little kid. Last year we did a scavenger hunt for him, but that search took away the instant gratification of finding eggs and I think he was a bit disappointed by that. Any ideas?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Holidays

• For our older kids we have a certain kind of egg that they can find - camo or tie dyed or something while the little ones can get all of the eggs except those. It makes it more challenging for the older kids and they still get the fun of the egg hunt.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You could make it more challenging by making the older one(s) find something smaller than an egg. And for every one they find they get a quarter or a dollar? Mine are still small so I'm not a huge help. Good luck. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would for hide "special eggs" as the others said, and I would put fun clues inside to lead him to others or to a small prize of some sort, make it a game or even put a few dollars in them. At our grandparents home the great grandkids range from 10mths to 14 so we always had the rule that a bit above the waist and higher are for big kids, below the waist for little kids and we hide about 120 with change in most a dollars in some.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I like JenzAmomOf2 idea That way the bigger kids don't feel left out.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• have a scavenger hunt
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Get them camouflage eggs! We used to put clues in the eggs and when they go to the end they got their gifts or candy, or money...
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 2:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011