Something that just ticks me off!!

Do you make your kids wear seatbelts? Don't you hate it when you see parents in the car belted in and their kids are hopping all around the car? I don't care if your an adult. If your in my car you are wearing your seatbelt. Cause in the event of an accident I am not going to live with the fact that you died on my time cause you didnt have your belt on. I know that at times they have been deadly in accidents. But more than not they are going to save your life. I know. I have personaly been there..How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes! I got in a fight with my mother about this. We went out to lunch and I was driving and I told her we weren't going anywhere until she put her belt on. She screamed that she was 66 years old and not to treat her like a little kid so I lied and told her the seat belt monitor would keep beeping until she put it on when it only beeps a few times and then the light just flashes, but she didn't know that and it got her to put her belt on. When my son is out of his car seat he will always were his belt.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 5:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• This had to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Why would you not want to wear something that could safe your life? I was raised that the car doesn't start till you seat belt yourslef in and that's the way it will be in my car forever. I just don't understand how people could let there kids move around in a moving vehicle. Do they want that one their mind when they get in an accident and they no longer have a child. I could never live with myself knowing that all I had to do was strap them in and they would still be with me.
    rosie2484

Answer by rosie2484 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I always have my children strapped in before the car moves. Not only is it safe for them, but it is a law.
    peacekeepermom

Answer by peacekeepermom at 6:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My friend told me about this mother that was feeding her not even 2 yr old kid while she was driving and the child was STANDING on the center console of her car. yeh, little to know that the person who seen her doing this worked for childrens services, she definately got charged with child endangerment, and im pretty sure she got her kid taken away! yeh, this stuff definately eerks me, ive thought about going into children services for stuff like that, o and i hate seeing babies/kids with no coat on when its freezing.. do you want your kid to get pnemonia?!?
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 6:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My kids always wear their seatbelts. I know their dad doesn't make them and it makes me so mad! (they are 10 and 11) And the baby is always always always in a carseat. My cuz will go downe the road maybe a mile and not buckle her 18 mo in a carseat. It Pees me off!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My daughter will always wear her seat belt, right now in her car seat and when she outgrows it, and anyone riding in my car will wear a seat belt except i do have a couple relative who have the doctors permission slip not to wear seat belts because they are to big and the seat belt won't fit around them. But that's a different sinario, but i do ask them to atleast drape it over them so my daughter still thinks they're buckled. But on one occasion when we were remodeling a house, we had taken our daughter with us and she was 3 months old and slept in her carseat the whole time, and had a blanket on her. Well when i had set her down i had the blanket on her, and she was still strapped in, no reason to unstrap her and risk waking her up.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• But one of the relatives helping us remodel had unbuckled her and picked her up real quick, and then put her back down to come help us and had covered her back up with the blanket. So we ended up loading her up and snapping the carseat in the base and driving home. And when we got home, i realized she wasn't buckled in. And i broke down in a big bawling mess on the floor. My husband was like, she's fine, she's not hurt. we just need to check everytime no matter what now, but i was devistated.
    FinleyFirst

• I don't make adults do anything they don't want to do. A friend of mine is deathly afraid of wearing her seatbelt, always has been. Her older half-brother's father was killed in an accident long before she was born because he wasn't able to get his seatbelt off. It doesn't matter that things have changed, and that the odds are so low - its her right to be in control of her own safety or lack thereof.

Anyone stepping foot in my car that's under 18 on the other hand will not be going anywhere with me unless they're properly belted in or in a carseat. That would be on my conscience if something were to happen because as the adult, I AM in control of their decisions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I agree 100% with Ginger
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm the asker of this ?. to : FinleyFirst . I think that we have all done what you did with the car seat situation.. :o). I know I did it. i had forgotten till you said that.

Also In my van I have the integrated car seat in one of my seats, and I don't know how many times that I looked back when one of the kids were in it usually not my kid. and had a heart attack cause the buckle was empty, But that's how they work, Just not a normal thing to see.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2008