Is America bankrupt?

Are we heading for a downfall like Greece or Ireland?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Definitely. The rich keep getting richer, the poor poorer and everyone seems to be in denial about how bad things are. I see another big crash like when my grandmother was a child, only this time I don't see us pulling out and recovering from it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yet, ONE current President's Budget wants to spend MORE than we generate in revenue..... That's not a sign of wanting financial recovery, either...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We've been in the red for decades, so yeah, I think so.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sure seems that way! No jobs means no tax revenue last time I checked. I know our local county was more then $250k short this year because of job shortages and no one paying taxes. If the rest of the country is faring the same then I cant see how we arent broke.

Answer by gemgem at 11:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• oh yes we are up to our eyeballs in debt. and im scared of what this country is heading. thats part of the reason we moved to a really small town that is surrounded by national forest. that way if anything did happen we could at least sustain ourselves through gardening and hunting.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yep you hit it right on the head. I'm actually extremely worried about the mess this country is in and wonder if theirs light at the end of the tunnel.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Believe so yes..regardless though we should treat as if we are headed there instead of like we have some magic money tree forever in our reach.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• -$1,000,000,000,000 isn't a sign of financial health...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Those who say, "no"... I am curious to know~ What do YOU call it when an organization spends 40% more than it receives in a year?  

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011