Follow Up to my question "guy i'm talking to"

I asked the question this morning about the guy i'm interested in and he is going through a hard time right now do you believe it's true that not seeing each other every day say maybe a couple times a month or once a month makes the heart grow fonder as that ole sayin goes? just wondering what you ladies think on this part of it... Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, And having read your other question... SAY NOTHING and STAY AWAY. Just leave it. If he's interested in you he will come around when ready. In the meantime... exert your energy on YOU... you may just find you're too good for him when the time comes.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i wont stay away i think i know him a little better than most i was just asking for general advice on if to give him my thoughts that i like him.. i have known him well over a year and didn't hang out for awhile until recently but he is a very good man good morals values, has a great personality and is so sweet... i will always be his friend i think telling anyone to stay away is a bit silly if you ask me... i just meant to say give him some space...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• IF he is truly into you, he will show it. alot going on or not he will find a way to talk to you every day, you will be his smile when things are rough, you will be the one he confides in when he is stressed. depending on how far apart you live from each other he would want to have that warmth in your hugs.

BUT if he is telling you oh I got all this stuff going on, too busy to call for a few days, etc... then he prolly has someone else, or lives with another and shooting you a line.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• here's my take on it, you say you've hung out with him a few times. Not sure what you mean by that, but my opinion is to go ahead and ask him to a movie or something. If he says no, then let it go at that.

When I got engaged to my husband there were a lot of women that he knew that got really upset. Turned out that they were interested in him, but were attempting to 'do it right' He'd gotten out of a engagement about 7 months when I met him I believe. Those women were playing it cool, following the 'rules'. Such as waiting a certain amount of time.
    while they were playing the waiting game, I was dating him.

the fact that I made it clear that I was interested in him was what did it for us.

There's ways to make your feelings clear and be classy about it. So just ask him out.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Truly in this case you just need to keep your distance, don't speak up, and let the poor guy heal from the break up of his long term relationship. If he is interested in you he will let you know.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Agree completely with kkbird.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• if you want a example of where playing it cool can get you, take a look at the question I just posted

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/765558/Did_you_express_interest_in_your_man_right_away_or_did_you_play_it_cool?new=1
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011