does anyone know what i can do to help my 2 year old sleep?

my son doesn't sleep for very long naps or at night and i also have a 7 month old so it's hard for me to get any sleep.my husband works and he does try to help me out as much as he can.we took him to the doctor but they didn't do any test or help that much all he did was give me some medicine for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried Calms Forte?
    It is a natural suppliment that you place under his tounge.
    My son is not a large sleeper either
    He is very restless, and the calms forte settles him down long enough to get some solid sleep.
    Look for Calms Forte For Kids on Google.
    Good Luck Mama
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 6:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• That is what we've used for my little girl since was 2. It's my best friend! And it's completely safe and side effect free (unlike some OTC meds).
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 6:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Try giving him a warm bath in lavender...It seems to have a calming effect. Then a warm cup of milk. It also calms them. My great grandmother drank warm milk every night before going to bed.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 7:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I got one of those soothing water sounds machines. My son wouldn't stay asleep for anything and I got one of those machines that plays water sounds and it helps my son sleep. Of course I do the calming lavendar bath before bed.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Also my sons early head start teacher said that giving them a nice bath and a glass of milk can help but she said that peanut butter has been proven to have something in it to help them fall asleep. it works for me. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I am a Mom to a now 7 year old boy and a just turned 2 year old girl. Both of my children need very little sleep. At 17 months old, my son went through a sleep study at our local Children's Hospital. Upon completion, they informed me that he was getting enough REM sleep, since he fell into it so quickly. In truth, he just didn't need as much sleep. What did help though, was the more active he could be to literally wear himself out, and then it also helped a lot to eat at night just before bed. Milk, cheese, peanut butter, crackers and the like. The key is starch, protein, and fat to help the body fuel better sleep. My daughter also has the same issue and we attempt to help her by giving her drinkable yogurt and/ or cheese. It does help some. It is so hard to endure, but I am here to tell you they do grow out of it - but it can certainly try your patience! Good Luck.
    mixnmatch

Answer by mixnmatch at 5:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008