If you had a natural childbirth in a hospital, please tell me your story.

Thanks! :-)

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had natural w/ my 2nd and 3rd babies. My 2nd was in about 45 minutes after I got there. I had a lot of hard labor before I got there, but when I got into real bad labor I went so fast I never got as much as a drink of water. My Dr. didn't even make it in the room, he went to chg and missed it. The nurse and I mean it CAUGHT the baby as she flew out like a football. She got a box of candy for that catch. My 3rd child I was the same but had her in abt 30 minutes after being admitted, but I was in a birthing room, so the Dr. was there this time. My S/O went to get the camera per the Dr. and I was scared he was going to miss the birth, but he made it back. I LOVED it because, I was more or less asleep w/my 1st. My S/O was in the Marines and didn't see our son until he was 6 wks old, so the 2 girls was a real treat for both of us, a blessing.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• With my third baby I had a completely natural birth in the hospital. I had labor pains all day every five minutes, they never got stronger but were consistent. Dh and I had sex around 6pm and I laid down for about 45 minutes afterward. The contractions started getting uncomfortable and around 9pm I called my best friend to come sit with my older kids. I went to L&D and was about 3cm. I started walking. I walked for a couple of hours, then my husband went home to be with the kids. My sister and I walked for a while longer. When I couldn't walk anymore through the pains, I went to get checked. I was about 6cm and got in the jacuzzi tub and relaxed for a while. I called my dh and told he needed to come to the hospital. I also called my mom. An hour later I had to pee really bad and sat on the toilet and peed through each contraction. I knew it was time so DH helped me to the bed and I started pushing. I couldn't help it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my water had not broken, so my midwife tried to break it between contractions, but only a trickle came out. She tried to push the babies head back up so the water could come out and it didn't work and hurt like hell. After about 10 minutes he came out in a huge gush of water. The whole baby in one push. lol! All of the extra water just helped him come right out. One tiny stitch was all I needed. It was the middle of the night, so I stayed in my room for a couple of hours before I was moved to the mother/baby unit.
    I was up and showering within a few hours of birth. It was wonderful.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I got to the hospital pushing.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had a natural birth with both of my girls. I plan I delivering naturally with this one, too. With my first I was induced (which did nothing!) They finally broke my water after 12 hours of giving me patocin. 4 and half hours later out came my beautiful baby girl. It is very painful, but remember to breathe through your contractions and when you actually start feeling like you need to epidural, it is about time to push. As far as my 2 daughter, I went into the hospital because I was having contractions. I wasn't in labor, but I was dehydrated and had a fever (cont.)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• (Cont.) They decided because baby was was in distress (heartrate 190-200 and when I had a contraction it dropped to 50 or so) that they were going to. Speed things along and break my water. Well, they broke my water and after 5 min. Of active labor my second baby girl was born. She had some difficulty in the beginning due to her cord being wrapped around her neck, but after 5 min. Was doing fine.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You asked for it! I had my first, natural as there was no such thing as an epi in 1986. Thought I was going to die!!!! I didn't, he is now 25 and has been a joy and worth the pain, but I won't lie, it was hard, and the reason there is 5 years between him and my 2nd child. I was in no hurry to do that over again. But by then the epi was around. Every labor is different. Every woman is different. SOme handle it better than others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011