Did anyone deliver a breech baby naturally?

I know it happened all the time years ago but I'm curious if anyone experienced this recently. I really REALLY don't want a c-section. We've got a nice peaceful, joyful, loving, natural childbirth planned (my first childbirth experience was polar opposite of this and I don't want that, this time). However, to my knowledge, she still hasn't turned. I'm 32 weeks today so I've still got some time and I've been trying a few techniques I've read about but as my due date approaches I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to safely birth her. At this point she is breech and posterior...not a good combination from what I've found in my research.

Any stories of last minute turning or a safe natural delivery of a breech baby would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 11:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its normal for you to be scared of having a c-section since it is unknown to you. i have had two of them for medical reasons so if you want to know more about them you can PM me. im sorry that i dont have any stories to offer considering vaginally born breech babies, im sure the doctor will do what they can to honor your wishes. just be mentally prepared that a c-section may be inevitable if the vaginal birth becomes dangerous. good luck to you!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My friend delivered her baby girl butt first naturally. The doctor tried to turn the baby with his hand but she wouldn't turn. The doctor was scared she would break her neck on her moms pelvic bone but she came out fine no complications. Healthy 6lb 6 oz baby. Good luck
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 11:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Personally, I would be much more terrified of my baby being injured or dying than I would be of a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Thanks. I'm worried about her head getting stuck in there, too. But I'm dreading the thought of a c-section. Absolutely terrified of it, to be honest.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thanks, tnm. As my due date gets closer, I may take you up on the PM offer if she doesn't turn. The reason I'm so terrified of the c-section is because it's major abdominal surgery. I've had a couple of laprascopic procedures but never been cut into like that. I'm sure the baby will be fine either way and my goal, of course, is a safe delivery. I just would MUCH rather get her to turn and deliver her naturally.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2011