Why would I have a faint positive and then 2 negitives?

I took a hpt 3/7/11 faint positive. I used a cheap one from family dollar. Today I took another one negitive so which is it neg? or positive? I'm confussed I have all the symptoms but I can't get a straight answer

diamondsky

Asked by diamondsky at 11:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• could be a few different answers
    faint positive (to me) means pregnant
    so i would lean towards yes pregnant
    can get false negitives, but not false positives
    the next one that was negative= either not enough stuff in pee to get positive result on test and you still are
    or
    very early miscarriage, but with no bleeding yet? not sounding like this is the case
    i am guessing that the negative test just did not pick up enough to register a positive result

go get another test, and use first am pee
    or go to doctor and get one done, maybe a blood test
    doctor test will tell you for sure

hoping the best for you!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• A line is a line is a positive. The negative you got later was probably from that urine being too diluted. Wait a couple of days and test again, first morning urine will you give you best results.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• my friend had this happen to her go get one of them expensive one or wait a little longer to take one. She had blood work done found out she was pregnant but it was so early that cheap pregor test didnt really pick it up
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 11:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• first pee of the day is the best..were your other ones later on in the day?? My guess is that you are! I would go get a more expensive test, and test tomorrow morning, if you still have questions go to the dr! G/L!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Could have been an evaporation line. I've had that happen before.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The pregnancy test are not always accurate, you should go to the doctor and have them do a blood test they can tell you asap and they are accurate. I had one done on the day I was do for a period.
    ACNmomof3

Answer by ACNmomof3 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I had two faint positives and then we got it confirmed at the OBGYN that we were pregnant.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 8:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• get one of the digital tests
    Angellove30

Answer by Angellove30 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011