What are the most important things I need to have ready for the new baby?

I have a nearly four year old. We have literally a zoo of pets. I also for all intensive purposes suddenly have an eight year old for a partner (seriously-if he could just grow the poop up .......vent ommitted). Im having a lot of issues, and chances are this bab is coming very early.
If you had to prioritize the very most important things to have done and ready, what would they be?

missmidlomom

Asked by missmidlomom at 12:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a playpen to keep baby safe from all animals...I have a zoo too and lots of baby gates. I understand about having an 8 year old as a partner too! a sling if you need to do housework so you don't have to worry about baby while she's tiny.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Sleep, eat, wear (that includes diapers and food). That's all you need to figure out now, all the rest can wait.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Stock up in your pantry so you don't need to go to the grocery store to often. Try to keep your fridge and cupboards full that way you will have a good couple weeks before having to go there. Also, stock up on diapers and wipes and all the necessities you think you will need. Get all your house cleaning done..GL!!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nursery obviously (crib, crib sheets, blankets etc), diapers, wipes, bottles if you plan to use them, nursing pads if youre breastfeeding, Vaseline, alcohol, cotton swabs, clothes for baby (onesies, sleepers, some going out outfits, socks, hats), carseat obviously, stroller, thermometer, and there is probably more but Id start there.

Answer by gemgem at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Crib, swing, bassinet.........the rest can wait
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I agree with the playpen...you have to have somewhere to put the baby down.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• an eight year old for a partner (seriously-if he could just grow the poop up LOL 

I liked using my snuggie-carrier, a swing, and a play pen to hold the baby at times while I played or helped with my other child.

2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• DIAPERS!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Diapers and some baby clothes. I co-slept and breastfed my newborn, so we didn't have much to "get ready." Maybe make some meals you can freeze now, that would be easy to heat up in the crock pot or oven later. One less thing to worry about. Good luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Car seat, a place to sleep (safe from the animals), some clothes and diapers, and feeding (breast or bottle) situated. Beyond that, you'll figure out what you need for this one. I hope your DH steps it up!! Congrats on the soon-to-come little one!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2011