How do you deal with a stressful situation and still stay put together for your famly?

If you read my blog you would understand, I have been holding back a lot of stress lately. I try and try but somehow feel like a failure. How does a person that is positive already stay more positive?

ACNmomof3

Asked by ACNmomof3 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm feeling the same way lately. I'm failing miserably in any attempt to stay positive for myself and my family. Sometimes for a little while life simply sucks, and we get through those times the best way we can.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• You cry on the inside, suck it up and go on.....---- well that is what I do anyway.
    Anonymous

• If you find out please let me know....to tell you the truth, everything I'm going to say is going to sound like a cliche but it works for me most of the time....Try and carve out some time just for yourself, to be completly alone with your own thoughts for at least an hour...DH takes the kids so I can have an hour everyday...but even an hour a week will help....relax, read a book, take a bath, pray, talk to yourself, keep a journal, go for a jog....do something that is just for you and you alone...music helps me too...Carlos Santana always picks my spirits up...Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think day to day helps me. If I did not have a good day, I try to be better the next day. I am terrible at connecting words to my feelings. I have a feeling but can not express it very good. I meditate on finding the word, like angry, confused, manipulated, dissapointed, or someone is not relating to me or listening to me, then I feel better and I can begin to fix things. HTH!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• U all have great answers and I thank you. I am trying to be positive for I have a business that is keeping me busy too. It will be showcased on the Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday March 27th at 9pm. I save people money on everyday on bills they currently pay with companies everyone knows. That is what keeps me positive because I help people make money and save. But then there is the other stuff too. I am trying to stay positive.
    ACNmomof3

Comment by ACNmomof3 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I spend some alone time in the shower (it's the only place the kids don't follow me). It helps me recoup from a long day or prepare for one. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2011