When was the last time you went to the dentist?

I'm pretty sure I was 14 or 15 last time I went... I'm 22 now. I wish I could go (I just found a hole in one of my wisdom teeth), but it's too expensive and even if I had a job with medical coverage, it wouldn't be 100% covered! :(

How long's it been since you went?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Health

• Several years. Our insurance only covers 50% and then you still have a whopping deductible for each person every year. I've needed to go for some time, but I can't see spending hundreds of dollars for misery.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• About 9 months, I missed my last appointment because of weather, and I need to reschedule, but just haven't yet....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• shop around, you might be able to get that tooth extracted for cheaper than you think. Also, check out dental schools. they do it for real cheap. if you don't take care of it, you will really regret it.

You can set up payment arrangements with a lot of places too. Please shop around & get that tooth out.

The last time i went was 4 months ago.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• in June of last year. i needed a wisdom tooth taken out bad.. i had exposed nerve in it & the pain was worse than childbirth. before that though, i hadn't been since i was 11.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I go every 6 months....you need to get your tooth looked at. maybe try a dental school in your area..they are much cheaper but are supervised...if that is a cavity and goes into the root, it will abcess..then you're looking at a hospital visit for an infection. not a good thing...i've seen them have to drain those things from the outside of the jaw.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• January.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• 1-2 weeks. I didn't go for 3 years or so and ended up with 6 cavities. So now I make sure to go every 6 months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Look for a dental school near you. They usually have dental clinics with free or reduced-price services available.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• About 3 months ago.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2011