When do you worry?

My feet have been swollen for a day or so but one of them more then the other not sure when to worry or if this is normal?

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some swelling is normal, but I would call your doctor about it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Try elevating your feet when you are sitting. Ice may help as well.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Have you been eating too much salt? I'd elevate them, eat less salt, and if it doesn't help I'd call your Dr. better safe than sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• What MyAngel003 said.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 12:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• How bad is the swelling? Some swelling is completly normal, but if they are severly swollen you should get in touch with your ob. How has your blood pressure been? Are your hands swollen as well? How warm is it where you live? Are you drinking plenty of water? Sorry for all the questions.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Id watch it. Some swelling is normal, but you should really call your doctor. I have to keep my feet elevated on a ridiculous triangle pillow much of the day for the time being. It started as feet swelling, and eventually led to my legs not wanting to bend. With my son, my feet wold literally swell to balls.
    Eclampsia and preeclampsia dont hit everyone, but its better to watch it and catch it early than to be literally waddling into the drs office in tears
    missmidlomom

Answer by missmidlomom at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Depends on how bad they are swollen, mine stay swollen. I am 38wks. However, I can still stand on them, hurts but not to the point I am in tears. Can you still walk?
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Still walking just feel so swollen up to my ankles.. 38 weeks but they told me to watch for signs of pre-e with my gd and couldnt remember what was normal.
    karamomof5

Comment by karamomof5 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2011