How can I teach twin 13 yr old Step daughters manners?

Haha... I know that you just read that and are thinking.."Yeah, good luck with that"...

But honestly. I love them both so much and they are so smart in school, are in Beta club, cheerleading team and basketball and have so many friends..BUT they are so rude to their father, and sometimes me..(But actually I have it made in the shade with them for the most part)...

They treat their dad like a bank and alothough I know they love him, they are rude to him... Again I ask..HELP

ART92411

Asked by ART92411 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• That really isnt manners. It is learned behavior. He has allowed them to get to this point. He has to demand more respect from them and tell them no when they dont ask nicely.

Answer by gemgem at 12:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Follow through! You (and he) MUST set boundries! Stop giving and just say NO! Only give when their behavior warrants it! Chores, odd jobs, cooking or cleaning help etc.. Give them structure and put your foot down. If they see the bank is closed til further notice they will change eventually! lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have 2 twin 5 yr old step daughters and what usually gets them, is to hold something over thier heads like going to a game r movies. Now it doesnt always work dont get me wrong but u know what your babys like and dont like. R u can try the sillent treatment. They almost cry when i dont talk to them, but that attitude and tellin us yes when we say no has got to stop! I tell them im just not talking to u it will hurt thier feelings because they do love u. And u will eventually give n. they just dont understand the world yet and how much we only want the very best for them.
    lovesong2011

Answer by lovesong2011 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011